IND vs IRE: Was Trying To Do What I Have Done In The IPL – Rinku Singh After His Heroics In 2nd T20I

Jasprit Bumrah, Rinku Singh

Indian batter Rinku Singh opened up about his match-winning performance in the second T20I against Ireland at The Village in Dublin. He said that he was trying to do what he did in Indian Premier League (IPL) and is delighted with the way he performed.

Rinku Singh announced his arrival on the international stage with a rollicking performance. The KKR batter, who made his debut in the first game, didn’t get the chance to bat in that game due to the rain. But he made sure that he left the mark on the very first opportunity he got with the bat.

Rinku Singh played a blazing innings and finished the Indian innings on high. After the solid partnership between Ruturaj Gaikwad (58) and Sanju Samson (40), the team needed someone to close the innings and the boy from Uttar Pradesh did exactly that. He came to bat when the team were 105/3.

After being watchful initially, Rinku Singh took Irish bowlers to the cleaners and smashed them all over the park. He scored 38 runs in just 21 balls and batted with a strike rate of 180.95. His innings also saw him hitting 2 fours and 3 sixes.

Rinku Singh’s magnificent innings helped India post a total of 185 runs on the board. His knock also earned him his maiden Player of the Match award.

Rinku Singh while talking about his innings said that he was confident and was trying to be calm. He added that all his efforts of the last 10 years have paid off and he’s delighted to get the award in his first innings. He elaborated:

“I am feeling very good. I was trying to do what I have done in the IPL. I was very confident and tried to stay calm. I listen to the captain (smiles). I am feeling very nice. I have been playing for 10 years. All my efforts have born fruition. I am happy to get the Man of the Match award in my first game.”

IND vs IRE: You Have To Keep Expectations Aside – Jasprit Bumrah After Series Win Against Ireland

India captain Jasprit Bumrah talked about the T20I series win against Ireland. He lauded young players in the team and touted them as confident guys, saying that everyone is eager to perform for the team. He also added that playing with a baggage of expectations puts the player under pressure. He explained:

“I am feeling good. Today was a little drier. We thought it would get slower and hence batted first. It is very pleasing. It is tough to pick an XI. Great headache to have. Everyone is eager. Everyone is confident. All of us wanted to play for India. Eventually, everyone has to work their way up. If you play with baggage of expectations, you are under pressure. You have to keep those expectations aside.”

The dead rubber third T20I between India and Ireland will be played on Wednesday (23rd August).

The post IND vs IRE: Was Trying To Do What I Have Done In The IPL – Rinku Singh After His Heroics In 2nd T20I appeared first on CricketAddictor.



from CricketAddictor https://ift.tt/atCx5jA

Post a Comment

0 Comments