AUS vs ENG: Stuart Broad Makes Shocking Retirement Announcement

Stuart Broad

Legendary England National Cricket Team right-arm pacer Stuart Broad has shocked the cricket world as he announced his retirement from international cricket. The pace-bowling great will say goodbye to the sport after the conclusion of the ongoing Ashes 2023 series.

Broad is one of the greatest ever to play the game of cricket for England. He made his Test debut way in 2007 against Sri Lanka in Colombo and since then he has consistently delivered match-winning performances for his team in the purest format of the game.

Also Read: AUS vs ENG: Joe Root Equals Sachin Tendulkar’s All-Time Test Record After Heroics At The Oval

Broad is among the two pacers in the history of Test cricket to pick up 600 wickets and he currently sits at the fifth spot on the all-time list of wicket-takers. The other pacer to achieve the feat is his long-time bowling partner James Anderson. Stuart Broad has been exceptional for England throughout the years mainly against arch-rivals Australia in the marquee Ashes series. He is the leading wicket-taker for England in the Ashes and is among just the three bowlers to take 150 or more wickets in the Ashes.

Not just Test cricket, Stuart Broad has been a great servant for England in white-ball cricket. He played 121 ODIs and bagged 178 wickets while in T20Is he took 65 wickets in 56 games.

ALso Read: AUS vs ENG Ben Stokes Shatters Kevin Pietersen’s Massive Six-hitting Record In Ashes

I want to finish at the top – Stuart Broad announces retirement

Speaking after the Day 3 of the ongoing Ashes finale at the Kennington Oval in London, Stuart Broad, who has performed exceptionally well in the ongoing series, shocked the cricket world with his retirement announcement.

“I want to finish at the top and tomorrow or Monday will be my last game of cricket. It has been a wonderful ride, a huge privilege to wear the Nottinghamshire and England badge for as much as I have.

“I wanted to leave the game at the top and leave while I am enjoying it and this series just feels like it’s been one of the most enjoyable I’ve been part of. I wanted to walk away playing with a group of players I love to bits,” he said.

Stuart Broad revealed that he made his mind up yesterday to announce his retirement from cricket and informed his teammates. He elaborated:

“Ben understood the decision and I knew my mind. I am content with everything I have achieved in the game.

“I had told Jimmy and Rooty but yeah, I went into talk to Ben knowing my mind. I didn’t go in there for a negotiation. I feel I am bowling well and my body feels great. All really positive emotions. It has been a wonderful series to be a part of.

“Everything to look forward to. It has been awesome. It is such an addictive environment. I wanted to leave with my emotions being pure happiness.”

Stuart Broad also talked about his battle against Australia and labeled the games between the two teams as the pinnacle for him.

“I’ve been thinking about it for a couple of weeks … you know, England versus Australia has always been sort of the pinnacle for me. 

“I’ve loved the battles with Australia that have come my way personally, and the team’s way. I’ve got a love affair with Ashes cricket, and I think I wanted my last bat and bowl to be on Ashes cricket.”

Also Read: IND vs WI: Watch – Virat Kohli Carries Drinks For India Teammates During 2nd ODI

The post AUS vs ENG: Stuart Broad Makes Shocking Retirement Announcement appeared first on CricketAddictor.



from CricketAddictor https://ift.tt/rHiVSTc

Post a Comment

0 Comments